Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Why Groupon Is Customer-Friendly and Netflix Is Not

Re: Why Groupon Is Customer-Friendly and Netflix Is Not
Posted by: Sidney Hill 2011-07-15 07:11:04
See Full Story

This week, I got emails announcing changes to two online services I subscribe to. I just sort of shrugged at one message, though it did represent a significant change in the service's business model. The second email outlined a major change as well, but my reaction to it was much stronger. It ticked me off. The first message was from Groupon, informing me of changes to its Privacy and Terms of Use policies. The second one was from Netflix, telling me it was revamping its pricing plans.

The Real Story
Posted by: combin8tion 2011-07-15 12:52:47 In reply to: Sidney Hill
Sure Netflix customers are upset. What Netflix missed the opportunity to do was connect the fact that access to streaming content costs money. The content creators are demanding payment as fewer viewers buy/rent DVD's. The author misses the point of the fee increase when he waxes about there not being enough quality streaming content. That content will come if Netflix can earn a rate of return that enables them to pay the content creators. Since the total cost of a streaming/DVD-by-mail subscription is still less than two movie tickets, it seems like a deal to me. Again, Netflix missed the opportunity to connect that dot. Who's in charge of marketing there?
Jump to:
Given the spread of the Covid-19 Delta variant, if my employer requires me to return to the company's location in 2021, I will...
Agree because I'm fully vaccinated.
Agree if the company institutes a mandatory mask requirement and other safety protocols.
Comply reluctantly, because I can't afford to lose my job, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job I feel is safer.
Resign because I'm not vaccinated and don't want to risk infection to myself or others.