Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Government Regulation Is Killing the Entrepreneurial Spirit

Re: Government Regulation Is Killing the Entrepreneurial Spirit
Posted by: Jeff Kagan 2011-07-07 14:38:09
See Full Story

I recently heard a couple of very interesting interviews on the radio -- both with Bernie Marcus, one of the original founders of The Home Depot. They turned out to be two of the most interesting and important interviews I have heard. Marcus said that government regulation has grown so out of control that it would make starting and succeeding with The Home Depot impossible today. What? Marcus said that if he were going to start The Home Depot today, he couldn't succeed because of government regulation. That stunned me. Is that true?

That'll explain why . . .
Posted by: farmerbob 2011-07-07 14:47:24 In reply to: Jeff Kagan
. . . Home Depot's US website is crap and the Canadian version billion fold better. I accidentally discovered the Canadian site when searching for lumber pricing that was not to be had here on the US site. They had more products, better and more information, departments and pricing. AND here they are grabbing on to cheap and limited product lines. I have had to take back so many things that I have gotten at HD that I am now leaning towards only going to Lowes. The lesser of two evils. Or is it an excuse not to step up and business is being taken "offshore"?
Jump to:
I am most loyal to brands that...
Give the best value for my money
Have helpful and friendly staff
Operate an easy-to-use website
Provide fast, knowledgeable responses to questions
Support causes that I believe in