ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: STEMming the Tide

Re: STEMming the Tide
Posted by: Andrea Belz 2011-06-15 15:32:42
See Full Story

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement recently announced that the list of science, technology, engineering, and math degrees qualifying for extended visas has been expanded to include drug design, mathematics and computer sciences, and other disciplines. This means foreign students can remain in the U.S. for up to 17 months on an extended training program. Why do we need these imported scientists? Consider that less than 20 percent of American university students earn degrees in science and engineering, compared to more than half of Chinese students.

STEM, Students & Immigration
Posted by: jocelynmcfaul 2011-07-20 20:58:48 In reply to: Andrea Belz
This past graduation season Eli Weisel was interviewed on public television and said that many things we do have put us back in the Middle Ages if not worst. How to fix it? "We must invest in education in our very young NOW."

I think much of what you say in your article to be real and now. This country has always opened the doors to migrants and well educated, alternatively; the US has stopped investing in our own natural born citizens and children.
Jump to:
Given the spread of the Covid-19 Delta variant, if my employer requires me to return to the company's location in 2021, I will...
Agree because I'm fully vaccinated.
Agree if the company institutes a mandatory mask requirement and other safety protocols.
Comply reluctantly, because I can't afford to lose my job, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job I feel is safer.
Resign because I'm not vaccinated and don't want to risk infection to myself or others.