Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Oracle's Itanium Slug Leaves Intel Bruised, HP Battered

Re: Oracle's Itanium Slug Leaves Intel Bruised, HP Battered
Posted by: Richard Adhikari 2011-03-24 21:14:48
See Full Story

Oracle threw a punch that left HP's knees wobbling with the announcement that it's going to stop developing software to run on Intel's Itanium processor family. Intel's future roadmap focuses on x86 processors, Oracle explained. Intel promptly reiterated its support for the Itanium processor. HP warned that Oracle's move will put enterprises and governments at risk while costing them hundreds of millions of dollars in lost productivity. So how did HP find itself in the middle of this mess?

Childish decision
Posted by: ShesAllOverIT 2011-03-24 21:20:49 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
What a childish decision by Oracle. This is what happens when two uber egos (Ellison & Hurd) join forces and misbehave. For Hurd's part, this is simply pouting about being dismissed from HP for his arrogance. Prior to his dismissal, he was demanding 100M for his next contract term. Point in fact is that Hurd’s dismissal (wait, some of you still believe he resigned?) from HP had very little to do with his illicit wick dipping with a bimbo. The bimbo simply served as the catalyst the board needed for ridding themselves of the egomaniac. So to that point, we can say that Hurd got what he was after from her at least twice, but certainly once more than he wanted, and in a way he hadn’t expected. Talk about an expensive piece. As for Ellison, this is simply another of Larry’s tantrums (Oracles’ Sun/Sparc servers were just displaced by HP as the #2 Unix platform in the world) in his quest to rule the world, and feed his ever expanding appetite for self aggrandizing. Proof once again that while money can sometimes buy a man, it will never make one. My God boys, will you never grow up and be responsible adults?
Jump to:
I am most loyal to brands that...
Give the best value for my money
Have helpful and friendly staff
Operate an easy-to-use website
Provide fast, knowledgeable responses to questions
Support causes that I believe in