Get the ECT News Network Weekly Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Facebook: The Advertising Network?

Re: Facebook: The Advertising Network?
Posted by: Rob Spiegel 2011-01-24 18:02:39
See Full Story

Facebook is ready to flex its advertising muscles. On Monday, Facebook's business director, Dan Rose, addressed attendees of the DLD media conference in Munich, speaking of the success of social games on Facebook from developers like Zynga and opportunities to expand its advertising to its 500 million-plus users. Touting the efficiency of Facebook's platform for companies like Zynga, Rose told conference attendees that the tendency for games to become increasingly social represents an opportunity -- but that music, video and other categories were also fertile ground.

television vs. social networks?
Posted by: CBags 2011-01-24 18:28:38 In reply to: Rob Spiegel
DiDio said television is losing viewers to social networks, but it doesn't have to be that way? Why not create a social network centered on television shows? I work for www.fargotube.com, a social network that's centered on video and music. We don't have any TV shows yet -- it's mainly music tracks, videos of live musical performances, and music videos -- but we'll probably get some TV webisodes before too long.
Jump to:
I am most loyal to brands that...
Give the best value for my money
Have helpful and friendly staff
Operate an easy-to-use website
Provide fast, knowledgeable responses to questions
Support causes that I believe in