Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Facebook Has Half a Billion Members but Few Real Friends

Re: Facebook Has Half a Billion Members but Few Real Friends
Posted by: Erika Morphy 2010-07-21 13:37:49
See Full Story

Facebook, one of the most popular sites on the Web -- now claiming 500 million users -- also has the dubious distinction of being one of the lowest-ranked in terms of customer satisfaction. Facebook scored a paltry 64 on the 100-point scale of the 2010 American Customer Satisfaction Index E-Business Report. That puts it in the bottom 5 percent of all measured private sector companies, drawing the same level of consumer scorn as airline and cable companies. Indeed, its ranking is so low, even the IRS scored higher, the survey said.

Face
Posted by: NinaB 2010-07-24 14:07:46 In reply to: Erika Morphy
I agree with a comment above. It's free after all. But so are Skype and MSN when it comes to staying in contact, and personally, I prefer those. I hate laggy FB chat when couple tabs are opened, and they always are, at least in my browser.

I even deactivated my account couple months ago, but I had it back running in no time... It sucks you in :D Watch South Park episode about it. Tells everything in half if an hour :P

Facebook Woes
Posted by: PhotoMann 2010-07-21 13:55:39 In reply to: Erika Morphy
Everything Erika mentions in her piece is true but I think an often overlooked aspect of Facebook's customer satisfaction issues is that it simply doesn't work the way a growing number of people wish it would. Not everyone wants to share everything with everyone - and FB doesn't help by creating new confusing ways to "control" security. Facebook is simply the most visible platform of it's type, which doesn't imply it's also the best. I remind people it's a free service and you get what you pay for.
Jump to:
I am most loyal to brands that...
Give the best value for my money
Have helpful and friendly staff
Operate an easy-to-use website
Provide fast, knowledgeable responses to questions
Support causes that I believe in