Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Adobe Strikes Back at Flash Bashers

Re: Adobe Strikes Back at Flash Bashers
Posted by: Richard Adhikari 2010-04-30 13:05:34
See Full Story

Adobe has lashed back at Apple following Steve Jobs' public letter of criticism of Flash, which the Apple CEO posted on his company's site Thursday. In an interview with The Wall Street Journal , Adobe CEO Shantanu Narayen responded specifically to several of Jobs' critiques. Regarding Jobs' assertion that Flash is the primary reason Macs crash, Narayen stated that OS X itself is equally responsible. He also denied that Flash causes excessive battery drain. An entry on the company's Adobe Featured Blog also came to Flash's defense.

App v. Ad Wars
Posted by: luhnlaw 2010-05-01 13:32:42 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
Not sure who is right in the App v Ad wars, but for a while now, I find that unless I have Adobe already open and running, I must "force quit" the application and try again whenever I try to open a .pdf using either the double-click or "open with" options. Whether it is OS''s problem, or Adobe's, hardly matters -- it is simply annoying. Fix it, guys.
Jump to:
Which review rating influences you most when researching a business?
5 Stars - I want to know what others found amazing.
4 Stars - I want to find out why it's liked for the most part, but not without faults.
3 Stars - I want to understand why the business is neither loved nor hated.
2 Stars - I want to learn why the weaknesses outweigh the strengths.
1 Star - I want to know why anybody says they are completely dissatisfied with the business.