Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Salesforce Industries Summit
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Bartering 2.0: No Cash? No Problem

Re: Bartering 2.0: No Cash? No Problem
Posted by: Brian R. Hook 2010-04-23 06:58:33
See Full Story

If you're low on cash it doesn't mean you can't get what you want or need. "You can barter literally anything," said Karen Hoffman, who along with former business journalist Shera Dalin authored the new book The Art of Barter: How to Trade for Almost Anything . The book outlines how individuals and business can trade in person, on websites, and through commercial exchanges for products and services. When first approached, however, most people -- and especially businesses -- are hesitant to barter, thinking they need the cash, Hoffman told the E-Commerce Times.

Social Bartering
Posted by: favabank 2011-12-01 12:57:36 In reply to: Brian R. Hook
Peer to peer economies seem to be a natural progression from social networking and the trust based relationships they tend to engender. Tough economic times, combined with technological maturation may well see the rise of community exchange and barter networks scaling to unprecedented levels. People will start innovating their own currencies to support these transactions, currencies indexed to peer-to-peer trust rather than precious metals or the promises of banks & governments...

Local Barter
Posted by: simplicity 2010-07-23 09:05:16 In reply to: Brian R. Hook
Barter through local communities has been one of the more successful ways I have used barter. Especially when you build the local community up in an online forum like http://simplicitybarter.com/
We have had a number of companies as well as proprietors be able to do things they could have never done before.
Are others finding that using a community model is successful?

Online Bartering
Posted by: Kerry81 2010-04-23 07:17:20 In reply to: Brian R. Hook
The Book "The Art of Barter: How to Trade for Almost Anything" does say it right away. In the virtual marketplace there are already so many possibilities to get your stuff exchanged for goods or services, or even houses. Many Websites (eg. barterquest.com) provide platforms for trading with people all over the world. In my opinion it should be taken seriously, because it is a good way to save a lot. I'm still studying and get many of my textbooks through bartering, because it's quite expensive to buy all of them!
Jump to:
When considering a new smartwatch, which feature set is most important to you?
Alerts and Notifications
Calls and Messaging
Clock and Time Tracking
Contactless Payments and Banking
Design and Personalization
GPS and Maps
Health and Fitness
Music and Video
Women in Tech