Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Google vs. Twitter? Or Google Plus Twitter?

Re: Google vs. Twitter? Or Google Plus Twitter?
Posted by: Renay San Miguel 2010-04-15 08:33:55
See Full Story

Google isn't the only entity taking an interest in Twitter's tweets. That most venerable of government institutions, the Library of Congress, announced Wednesday it will archive every single "what's happening?" update broadcast on the short message service since it opened for business in 2006. Granted, Twitter cofounder Jack Dorsey's first-ever tweet -- "just setting up my twttr" -- probably isn't going to rank up there with "what hath God wrought?" But it's Exhibit T in the case for Twitter having evolved from beyond the Web 2.0 fad-of-the-month club into a serious business.

Interesting times for seach
Posted by: ShyamKapur 2010-04-15 11:02:39 In reply to: Renay San Miguel
I agree that Google and Twitter are both valuable in their own way. For 90% of my searches I now use TipTop http://FeelTipTop.com which searches tweets and for others I go to Google or another search engine. More and more users will learn to do something along these lines.
Jump to:
I am most loyal to brands that...
Give the best value for my money
Have helpful and friendly staff
Operate an easy-to-use website
Provide fast, knowledgeable responses to questions
Support causes that I believe in