Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Building E-Commerce on Rough Economic Terrain

Re: Building E-Commerce on Rough Economic Terrain
Posted by: Alexis van de Wyer 2010-03-13 05:33:53
See Full Story

Although the shadow of the recent recession is still lingering over us, many business owners are moving toward starting an e-commerce business, which can seem like a scary leap to take. However, a reason to take that leap is that the number of consumers shopping online is growing. Recent figures from the Department of Commerce show that online stores' sales were up 12.4 percent in January, compared with a year ago. Data like this show that shoppers are more often turning to e-retailers for their product needs instead of wandering through the mall.

email marketing, a different perspective
Posted by: Heggenhougen 2010-03-13 05:36:42 In reply to: Alexis van de Wyer
Companies invest a great deal in their website which in many cases is their only “store” where they showcase products and services. The challenge is to drive people to the website but as we all know, more people in the store will lead to more sales. Corporate employees send emails every day to clients, prospects, friends and others but these are plain emails that do not generate any traffic to the website.
WrapMail – www.wrapmail.com - offers a solution that does not require any installation but that seamlessly adds interactive letterheads (designed by the client) to every outgoing email so that each and every one becomes a promotional piece for the company and when clicked delivers the reader to the website. Furthermore the solution tracks the clicks and reports who is clicking on what and when (also in real time), turning the system into a research tool.
This “hidden” advertising medium is probably the most viral available and the least costly, WrapMail only charges $5 per user per month.
Jump to:
Which review rating influences you most when researching a business?
5 Stars - I want to know what others found amazing.
4 Stars - I want to find out why it's liked for the most part, but not without faults.
3 Stars - I want to understand why the business is neither loved nor hated.
2 Stars - I want to learn why the weaknesses outweigh the strengths.
1 Star - I want to know why anybody says they are completely dissatisfied with the business.