Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Report: Online Car Sales Will Stall

Re: Report: Online Car Sales Will Stall
Posted by: Keith Regan 2001-09-03 23:47:58
See Full Story

A new report claims that the potential for successfully selling cars online has been greatly exaggerated and adds that while more car buyers will research their purchases online, the number actually buying a car without seeing it first will remain relatively small.

Posted by: phusing 2003-10-18 17:17:50 In reply to: Keith Regan
The Internet needs to be looked at as an alternate means of advertising, not to replace dealerships, sales professionals or to do the selling directly. Traditional media advertising costs a dealership $15,000-$50,000 per month depending on volume of sales. A typical website, with unlimited advertising within the site as well as all of the inventory, costs a dealership about $500 per month. The dealers need to drive traffic to their websites by placing their URL on everything, everywhere. Are you more likely to remember a ten digit phone number, a radio advertisement or something like AULPITTSBURGH.com? Most people will remember a business name when identified in a dot com name or even type it in if they drive by a dealership that has a car on the lot that they liked. The Internet will never replace auto sales professionals, but it will save consumers money. If they do their research online and deal with the dealership that treats them right and gives them a good price, everyone wins.
Just my two cents.

Posted by: Paul Thornhill 2001-09-03 23:59:55 In reply to: Keith Regan
The manufacturers must offer a wider selection of colors and options. People would like to be able to select the car they want online and have it delivered to a local dealership. The intenet is a great convenience to the customer and a powerful advertising tool and those who join in will see an advantage. It is not a replacement for a sales team when making major purchases such as a car.
Jump to:
Given the spread of the Covid-19 Delta variant, if my employer requires me to return to the company's location in 2021, I will...
Agree because I'm fully vaccinated.
Agree if the company institutes a mandatory mask requirement and other safety protocols.
Comply reluctantly, because I can't afford to lose my job, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job I feel is safer.
Resign because I'm not vaccinated and don't want to risk infection to myself or others.