Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Senate Committee Flogs Big-Name E-Tailers for Sneaky Sales Tactics

See Full Story

The U.S. Senate Commerce Committee has released a report slamming the online business practices of three direct marketing companies -- Affinion, Vertrue and Webloyalty -- along with hundreds of online Web sites and retailers that participate in these practices. Many of the participating retailers are well-known brand names, such as Classmates.com, Hotwire and 1-800-Flowers.com. Essentially, these companies sell club memberships to consumers who are making purchases -- movie tickets, plane tickets, or other online goods and services -- on unrelated sites.

Re: Senate Committee Flogs Big-Name E-Tailers for Sneaky Sales Tactics
Posted by: startupfan 2014-09-29 09:33:14 In reply to: Erika Morphy
passing on credit card information to a third party is the main reason thinking customers are extra careful when doing transactions online.. I normally prefer cash payment upon delivery of my item/s. In case there's no other option but to register using a credit card, I would do a web research about the company's reputation before filling-up the registration form.

With so many Privacy Issues going on around us, it helps to be always on guard.
Jump to:
What is the greatest challenge to organizations implementing Artificial Intelligence?
A shortage of talent with the skills to utilize AI to its full potential.
AI can be expensive and the return on investment is questionable to decision makers.
AI is an unfamiliar and complex technology that is not yet fully trusted.
AI has its own set of cybersecurity concerns which require additional resources.
Dependability of AI technology is still in doubt.
Many view AI as an unnecessary luxury.