Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: US Senators Go to Bat for Oracle, Sun Merger

Re: US Senators Go to Bat for Oracle, Sun Merger
Posted by: Erika Morphy 2009-11-26 08:21:27
See Full Story

Fifty-nine U.S. senators are asking European antitrust regulators to conclude their review of the Oracle acquisition of Sun Microsystems. The move, led by Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., and Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, is an unusual one for the U.S. legislative body. It follows a similar action by the Department of Justice, which also urged the Commission to wrap up the investigation. Whether this growing pressure from the U.S. will have the desired effect, however, is debatable.

Don't shut up but stand up
Posted by: TomWaits 2009-12-05 05:59:26 In reply to: Erika Morphy
Good for all of us that these senators won't accept EU's anti-anti-competitive strategy.
Go free market and don't go insane in front of your bloddy old Microsoft and IBM "terminals".

Shut up and sit down
Posted by: Runaway1956 2009-11-26 08:26:25 In reply to: Erika Morphy
Those 59 senators know very well that they govern on the west side of the Atlantic, and that they DO NOT govern on the east side. They need to shut up, sit down, and take notes. The US Congress has been all to friendly with large corporations for decades. That is exactly why those bailouts were so "necessary" last year - politicians whore themselves out to enable the biggest cutthroats and sharks to make their killings.
Jump to:
I am most loyal to brands that...
Give the best value for my money
Have helpful and friendly staff
Operate an easy-to-use website
Provide fast, knowledgeable responses to questions
Support causes that I believe in