Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Women in Tech
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Top 9 Web 2.0 Drivers for E-Commerce Success

Re: Top 9 Web 2.0 Drivers for E-Commerce Success
Posted by: Linda Bustos 2009-10-28 04:56:11
See Full Story

Is social media/Web 2.0 for retail just hype or an essential part of doing business in the 21st century? Web 2.0 includes leveraging social commerce on Web sites, blogging/podcasting and participating in social networks like YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and anywhere a retailer or its customers can create and share content. Many retailers find themselves wondering what Web 2.0/social media activities they should be involved in. This article ranks social commerce activities by business impact, with No. 1 having the highest impact and No. 9 the lowest.

Twitter is really noisy
Posted by: wrhamey 2009-10-28 05:04:38 In reply to: Linda Bustos
We are currently running a social media campaign, and I have found that it is especially difficult to cut through all the noise to promote on Twitter.

We are giving away $500 in free promotional products to one Facebook follower and one Twitter follower (which I would think business owners would jump on), and our response has been underwhelming on Twitter especially. Contest details are here: http://blog.powertexgroup.com/?p=307

I am not sure we will do another involving Twitter after this until we figure out a way to cut through the volume of stuff out there. Does anyone have any ideas/thoughts on this?
Jump to:
What is the greatest challenge to organizations implementing Artificial Intelligence?
A shortage of talent with the skills to utilize AI to its full potential.
AI can be expensive and the return on investment is questionable to decision makers.
AI is an unfamiliar and complex technology that is not yet fully trusted.
AI has its own set of cybersecurity concerns which require additional resources.
Dependability of AI technology is still in doubt.
Many view AI as an unnecessary luxury.