Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Salesforce Industries Summit
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: How Apple Came in from the Consumer Cold to Become Red Hot in the Enterprise

See Full Story

Almost overnight, it seems that Apple and its products, led by the iPhone, the iPod and the Mac, are everywhere -- including in the corporate enterprise. Apple's presence as a favorite staple in the consumer market segment is accepted, expected and taken for granted. The corporate enterprise is another matter. Apple hasn't been a significant player in the corporate enterprise and networking arena since the late 1980s. All that started to change over the last three years.

Apple in the Enterprise
Posted by: wallyton 2009-10-21 06:46:09 In reply to: Laura DiDio
Great post. Survey results line up with what I am seeing in the marketplace every day. My company (xtuple.com) develops business software for the Mac (& other platforms), but we are seeing big, exciting growth in the Mac segment. Companies where there might be a Mac or two already, and some where the company first decides to switch to Macs, and then look for software to run on the platform. I see 2010 as a BIG year for Apple in the Enterprise.
Jump to:
When considering a new smartwatch, which feature set is most important to you?
Alerts and Notifications
Calls and Messaging
Clock and Time Tracking
Contactless Payments and Banking
Design and Personalization
GPS and Maps
Health and Fitness
Music and Video