Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Salesforce Industries Summit
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Filtering the BI Fire Hose

Re: Filtering the BI Fire Hose
Posted by: Dana Gardner 2009-10-14 19:05:34
See Full Story

How can we make the most of Web data services for business intelligence? As enterprises seek to gain better insights into their markets, processes, and business development opportunities, they face a daunting challenge -- how to identify, gather, cleanse, and manage all of the relevant data and content being generated across the Web. As the recession forces the need to identify and evaluate new revenue sources, businesses need to capture such web data services for their BI to work better and fuller.

Information Management is Primary
Posted by: qube99 2009-10-14 19:25:13 In reply to: Dana Gardner
I have written on this subject myself (link available on request). I first encountered these ideas and the term "Information Overload" in the groundbreaking book 'Future Shock' by Alvin Toffler nearly 40 years ago.

Whoever is most successful at managing information will be the most successful in the marketplace.

I'd enjoy discussing your approach in detail. I think you might have a different approach to the solution than I do. I'm also quite interested in your vision, and the underlying forces and ideas that guide you.
Jump to:
When considering a new smartwatch, which feature set is most important to you?
Alerts and Notifications
Calls and Messaging
Clock and Time Tracking
Contactless Payments and Banking
Design and Personalization
GPS and Maps
Health and Fitness
Music and Video