Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: IBM Capitalizes the 'I' in IT

Re: IBM Capitalizes the 'I' in IT
Posted by: Charles King 2009-08-10 08:56:31
See Full Story

Last week, IBM announced the new Smart Analytics System, a fine-tuned solution for analyzing both structured information in databases and unstructured, often incompatible data from sources such as blogs, emails, information archives, podcasts, videos, Web sites and wikis. The Smart Analytics System can solve complex business problems as much as three times faster than other products, according to the company, while requiring up to 50 percent less storage. In a separate announcement, IBM said it had entered into a definitive merger agreement to acquire SPSS.

Smart Analytics is just the beginning...
Posted by: Stephen-Lee 2009-08-14 08:57:54 In reply to: Charles King
The significance of IBM announcement of Smart Analytics is that they build institutional credence in the importance of finding hidden value in unstructured data. This is a fast growing area and it is just the beginning.
Jump to:
Which review rating influences you most when researching a business?
5 Stars - I want to know what others found amazing.
4 Stars - I want to find out why it's liked for the most part, but not without faults.
3 Stars - I want to understand why the business is neither loved nor hated.
2 Stars - I want to learn why the weaknesses outweigh the strengths.
1 Star - I want to know why anybody says they are completely dissatisfied with the business.