Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: E-tailers Get By With a Little Help From Friends

Re: E-tailers Get By With a Little Help From Friends
Posted by: Paul A. Greenberg 2001-08-22 18:31:11
See Full Story

The latest best friends in the world of
multichannel sales are Amazon.com and Circuit City. The
news that the e-tail leader and the electronics giant are joining forces should come as
no surprise to observers of the dot-com landscape. Powerful alliances
are what it's all about, especially now that e-tailers are scrambling to redefine
e-commerce in the wake of the dot-com shakeout.

Alliances. Now there's a word that may just be the saving grace for online shopping.
Is there a company going it alone on the Net these days? Or is e-commerce now all
about co-marketing, further obscuring the barriers between brick-and-mortar
and online sellers?

Posted by: John P. Cohn 2001-08-22 19:06:10 In reply to: Paul A. Greenberg
Your opinion is respectable, but I believe taking risks is part of business. If you have to plan an alliance protecting every issue that can end in a fraud or problem, probably the end would be no agreement between the parts. This does not mean no protection is necessary. When you get to a bump in a negotiation one of the parts has to allow the partner to win looking forward in gaining profit together. This can be the case of this alliance.

John Phillippe Cohn
CEO
Kuntur.com

Posted by: Donna Robinson 2001-08-22 18:45:12 In reply to: Paul A. Greenberg
This is rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic for Amazon. Why on earth would I need to order online if I can go to the store anyway to pick the item up? I would much rather go to the store, examine the choices and pick one. Unless it is some little thing like CDs or something. I don't see the benefit here for Amazon, but I think it is great for Circuit City, lots more exposure, and another outlet for them. Buy CC stock....sell amazon.
Jump to:
I am most loyal to brands that...
Give the best value for my money
Have helpful and friendly staff
Operate an easy-to-use website
Provide fast, knowledgeable responses to questions
Support causes that I believe in