Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Kmart Farms Out BlueLight.com Operations

Re: Kmart Farms Out BlueLight.com Operations
Posted by: Keith Regan 2001-08-21 18:18:26
See Full Story

Following in the footsteps of other brick-and-click retailers, Kmart said Tuesday that it
will outsource operation of its BlueLight.com e-commerce site.

Kmart said it struck an agreement to hand over the task of running BlueLight.com to Global
Sports, an e-commerce service provider that has focused on running sites for companies in
the sporting goods industry. Kmart will continue to be responsible for marketing
BlueLight.com and will promote the online shopping service through its 2,100
brick-and-mortar stores.

Posted by: John 2001-08-21 21:12:40 In reply to: Keith Regan
This story is misleading. No one at BlueLight I know seems to agree with your conclusions.

While BlueLight.com may use Global Sports for order fulfillment, the site is hosted at an Exodus facility and the site operations are managed by a firm called Totality.

Posted by: Sid 2001-08-22 10:03:37 In reply to: John
The article is reporting news that Kmart itself announced. What conclusions are being disagreed with?
Jump to:
Given the spread of the Covid-19 Delta variant, if my employer requires me to return to the company's location in 2021, I will...
Agree because I'm fully vaccinated.
Agree if the company institutes a mandatory mask requirement and other safety protocols.
Comply reluctantly, because I can't afford to lose my job, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job I feel is safer.
Resign because I'm not vaccinated and don't want to risk infection to myself or others.