Get the ECT News Network Weekly Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: The Online Need for Speed, Indeed

Re: The Online Need for Speed, Indeed
Posted by: Paul A. Greenberg 2001-08-16 04:27:01
See Full Story

Demand for instant gratification and results seems to be casting a spell over e-commerce.
Technically, we refer to it as a "broadband" dilemma, but it's all about short attention
spans and uneven fast access across the country.

As to who will win this race -- cable companies or telecom companies -- it almost does
not matter. What matters is the average Joe sitting in front of his PC, more drawn to
tonight's "Survivor" episode on TV than to the page tediously loading in front of him.

Re: The Online Need for Speed, Indeed
Posted by: Oidar 2001-08-16 16:20:51 In reply to: Paul A. Greenberg
NO one's to blame, but competition breeds success, and at this point, how many nationwide dsl providers are there-1, maybe 2. Of the 3 major CLEC's providing DSL, N'point, Rhythms and Covad, will there be any left after 31 Dec 01? And can a nationwide provider make money? I think DIRECTV DSL (formertly Telocity) and Earthlink are the only 2 DSL ISP's left that are nationwide, and one of the 2 requires the dial-up money to supplement the dsl. Oh well, maybe AT&T has the answer. Good luck!
Jump to:
Which review rating influences you most when researching a business?
5 Stars - I want to know what others found amazing.
4 Stars - I want to find out why it's liked for the most part, but not without faults.
3 Stars - I want to understand why the business is neither loved nor hated.
2 Stars - I want to learn why the weaknesses outweigh the strengths.
1 Star - I want to know why anybody says they are completely dissatisfied with the business.