A Brand's Guide to Digital Shelf Analytics | Download the eBook Today!
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Reining In IT Excess With Software Asset Management

Re: Reining In IT Excess With Software Asset Management
Posted by: Jack M. Germain 2009-05-28 06:32:12
See Full Story

Think of the ideal software asset management system as a monitor that displays what exactly drives your business operations. It provides a readout of all the software installed throughout the company's computer systems, and much more. SAM programs also help IT departments rein in duplicate or redundant software applications. Software budget overruns and license compliance management are becoming increasingly complex concerns. Why should you care?

IT-IMS(Infrastructure Management Service)
Posted by: Anil01 2009-05-31 22:29:52 In reply to: Jack M. Germain
IT AsIsT is an IT IMS (Infrastructure Management Services), by Dhanush, an ITSM company to provide Proactive, Automated, Logical, Secure and Remote Managed Services. IT AsIsT facilitates Asset Management, Patch Management, Security Management, Backup and Disaster Recovery, Change Management, License Management, Remote Management, Ticket Management, Help Desk, 24/7 Support, Log monitoring, MIS Reports etc. for the devices like Desktops, Laptops, Servers, Server Applications, Networking, Security Devices etc. by following ITIL framework with stringent SLA deliverables to keep the client’s IT Infrastructure Available and to do Capacity planning to help the client to focus on his/her core business.
web: www.itasist.com ; email:info@itasist.com

Reining In IT
Posted by: ComplyMan 2009-05-28 06:58:31 In reply to: Jack M. Germain
This is a really good article. However, if you are really intent on successfully reining in IT excess, dont just restrict yourself to SAM. In order to rein in IT excess you need to do three things: 1. manage your software 2. it is absolutely imperative that you have comprehensive control over your Hardware 3. You need to have visibility over your key contracts.
We also find that often prevailing solutions are over-engineered and whilst offering themselves up as a panacea, it is really down to IT Asset Management being SIMPLIFIED. By this I mean focussed tool, focussed processes and real-time access to licence/hardware and contracts info for all relevant stakeholders.
compare www.complyman.co.uk - we have some interesting articles there.
Jump to:
When considering the credibility of an article I read online, I am most influenced by...
The organization or operator of the website that published the article
The journalist(s) who wrote the article
The sources quoted in the article
The quality or style of the writing
The individual(s) who brought the article to my attention
Whether the article has myriad shares or social media activity
My own knowledge or intuition