Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Rescuing the E-Commerce Deal When the Customer's Walking Way

Re: Rescuing the E-Commerce Deal When the Customer's Walking Way
Posted by: Pam Baker 2009-04-24 13:19:52
See Full Story

Nothing is as heart-wrenching to an e-tailer as watching a customer abandon a full cart just seconds before consummating the deal. To be so close yet so cashless is more than frustrating; it's harmful to an e-tailer's health. A virtual armory of tools are in use to woo, cajole, prompt and push consumers to make the buy -- but are they working, or are they turning even more customers away? "Most fall woefully short," said Matthew Brown, senior director of e-commerce and interactive marketing at MarketNet.

Abandoned full carts
Posted by: mitchr 2009-05-15 09:21:13 In reply to: Pam Baker
I'll tell you what makes me abandon a cart.
1) if ANY of the items are not in stock , backordered or no estimated ship date is noted.
2) If the shipping is not made known in advance...policies should be spelled out. I will spend little time digging in to see what shipping costs will be.
3)I often abandon what I deem outrageous shipping charges which were piled on top of a loss leader "come on price" of the item. Often I can simply go to a local retailer for less.
4) If no customer service phone numbers are offered. Buy.Com lost my business because , after a couple of mistakes on their orders, I could not get anyone to take care of the problem for over 1 week!!
E-tailers should remember, the consumer is taking a risk going online to buy an item. Is the site genuine? Is it secure? Is the price with shipping worth the risk of doing business with them? If the answer is not absolutely yes....you will not see my order!

realtime
Posted by: Shopquack 2009-04-30 15:52:26 In reply to: Pam Baker
Pam,
I would love to chat with you on what ISQ Online is prototyped to cahnge the shopping experience and impact the conversion rates .... feel free to email me at amr@isqonline.com

retailers have adopted realtime?
Posted by: Shopquack 2009-04-30 15:50:10 In reply to: Pam Baker
shevy67 can u tell me who yiou have seen that adopted real-time? ...I agree it is the holy grail and i think my startup is working on the "perfect solution"
Regards
Shopquack

What about getting a respected opinion?
Posted by: 67shevy 2009-04-24 13:29:18 In reply to: Pam Baker
We are hearing more and more about realtime! Twitter, now facebook and youtube just announced that your friends can see what videos you are watching while you watch.

I always leave things in my cart because I need to see if my husband thinks it will work in our living room or if he thinks it is the right model/color/whatever. By the time he reads my email and responds, I am off to the next purchase.

A few retailers have adopted realtime, but it seems like novelty still. Isn't it the holy grail?
Jump to:
When considering the credibility of an article I read online, I am most influenced by...
The organization or operator of the website that published the article
The journalist(s) who wrote the article
The sources quoted in the article
The quality or style of the writing
The individual(s) who brought the article to my attention
Whether the article has myriad shares or social media activity
My own knowledge or intuition