Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Corel Delivers Macromedia Flash to Linux

Re: Corel Delivers Macromedia Flash to Linux
Posted by: ECT News 2001-07-31 14:42:12
See Full Story

Software solutions developer Corel Corp. (Nasdaq: CORL) announced this week that it has entered into a licensing agreement with Macromedia, Inc. (Nasdaq: MACR) to bring Macromedia Flash technology to its distribution of the Linux operating system.

Posted by: bratwiz 2003-01-17 16:35:16 In reply to: ECT News
Yeah, Corel blows.
But don't take my word for it, check out NASDAQ:CORL, I think that sums it up nicely.
Too bad too, they had a couple of nice products.

Posted by: moe 2001-11-05 14:51:51 In reply to: ECT News
yea, same here!
i need to keep a windows-machine only to use macromedia flash. hope to get an apple ibook to replace it soon, though. i need to be able to create/review flash movies and their actionscript because we use them for fast, comfortable and eyepleasing front ends on large-scale java-based web applications.

port that one piece of software to linux, a large web developer community is waiting for it and will BUY IT from you!

i fully agree and second on the disappointment-part in the previous posting. corel might have released a good piece of software but labeling its swf-exportfilter as "delivering flash to linux" (suggesting authoring functionality) is just a backhandslap over the faces of the developer community i mentioned above.

regards
moe

Posted by: Richard 2001-09-07 02:26:06 In reply to: ECT News
When I saw this heading I thought (hoped) that Corel was formatting Flash to be authored on a linux box.
Imagine my disappointment!
Jump to:
Which review rating influences you most when researching a business?
5 Stars - I want to know what others found amazing.
4 Stars - I want to find out why it's liked for the most part, but not without faults.
3 Stars - I want to understand why the business is neither loved nor hated.
2 Stars - I want to learn why the weaknesses outweigh the strengths.
1 Star - I want to know why anybody says they are completely dissatisfied with the business.