Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Record Official Blames Piracy for Industry's Woes in Pirate Bay Testimony

See Full Story

The music industry has lost more than 30 percent in sales since 2001 because of illegal downloading, a top industry official said Wednesday, giving evidence in a Swedish trial. John Kennedy, the head of the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry, told the Stockholm District Court that Swedish site The Pirate Bay had become "the No. 1 source of illegal music," following court actions against two other popular file-sharing sites, Grokster and Kazaa.

Music Industry Woes Caused 100% By Illegal Downloads
Posted by: dwilliams666 2009-02-26 05:40:18 In reply to: Louise Nordstrom
The music industry has lost more than 30 percent in sales since 2001 because of illegal downloading, a top industry official said Wednesday, giving evidence in a Swedish trial.

Please.

So basically the decline and continued fall of the music industry is due 100% to illegal downloads.

Nothing to do with craptacular music. Ridiculously expensive CDs with maybe one or two pieces of music worth listening to (a big maybe that) on them. Top-line execu-wonks totally out of touch with the public. An entire generation coming up who have never purchased a CD and never will. A entire market learning that they can listen to what they want, when they want and the inability of the music industry to realize they no longer have the power to shove their crap in our ears or down our throats.

But keep blaming your troubles on them damn illegal downloaders boys. You're dinosaurs, you're extinct. Now please have the good graces to lie down and die already.
Jump to:
I am most loyal to brands that...
Give the best value for my money
Have helpful and friendly staff
Operate an easy-to-use website
Provide fast, knowledgeable responses to questions
Support causes that I believe in