Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Sirius XM Veering Into Oblivion?

Re: Sirius XM Veering Into Oblivion?
Posted by: Jeff Meisner 2009-02-11 12:40:29
See Full Story

Shares of Sirius XM Radio plummeted by nearly 50 percent in mid-day trading Wednesday on rumors that the troubled Internet radio company is preparing to file for bankruptcy. Sirius is best known for offering subscribers commercial-free music, sports, news and talk radio programming, including Major League Baseball, the National Football League, shock jock Howard Stern and popular domestic guru Martha Stewart. However, the high price tags associated with providing that content, combined with a deteriorating balance sheet and the year-long U.S. recession, have hit Sirius hard.

Effect of auto sales
Posted by: SteveFrunkis 2009-02-11 12:45:01 In reply to: Jeff Meisner
One factor in Sirius XM's slowing growth, which I've yet to hear mentioned, is the downturn in the auto industry. A large portion of satellite radio's past growth had presumably come from Sirius and XM-capable radios preinstalled in new cars.
Jump to:
I am most loyal to brands that...
Give the best value for my money
Have helpful and friendly staff
Operate an easy-to-use website
Provide fast, knowledgeable responses to questions
Support causes that I believe in