Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Women in Tech
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Selling Online to Industrial Buyers Overseas

Re: Selling Online to Industrial Buyers Overseas
Posted by: Karen E. Klein 2008-10-04 15:54:38
See Full Story

The state of the U.S. economy has hit many small businesses hard. Some of them could stem the damage by selling in international markets, but many don't know how to open their doors to overseas buyers. Linda Rigano, director of strategic alliances at ThomasNet, teaches small industrial supply firms how to overhaul their online marketing strategies. ThomasNet, formerly the Thomas Register, has a Web site that connects industrial buyers and sellers worldwide. Rigano outlined some of her online marketing tips recently for Business Week's Smart Answers columnist Karen E. Klein.

Industrial Internet Marketing
Posted by: JHobson 2008-12-04 22:08:36 In reply to: Karen E. Klein
Internet marketing for industrial companies seeking foreign business follows the same basic models utilized for domestic Internet marketing but needs special consideration for the particular target market. Notably this is hiring an Internet marketing agency that can create customized solutions for a client's unique situation, and that understands foreign markets and search engines.

E-Platform Marketing can develop foreign language web pages in any of more than 30 languages including Spanish, Chinese, German, Italian, French, Japanese, Korean, and more. Additionally the specializes in Search Engine Optimization and Search Marketing for foreign markets. For more information please visit the agency's website at http://www.EPlatformMarketing.com

Industrial Websites
Posted by: industrialseo 2008-10-04 16:12:29 In reply to: Karen E. Klein
I see more and more of these small to mid-sized Industrial companies approaching the Internet as if it were a sales department or sales person. You wouldnt want a sales person out seeing prospects who didnt know the features and benefits of your products/services with outdated sales material. You would expect that person to present your company in the most professional manner and to be customer service oriented. Why then would you have a website with outdated or incomplete information with a design that looks 5 years old, or worse? For more specific info visit or forum for Industrial Internet Marketing at www.industrialwebpros.com
Jump to:
Which in-person activity do you most want to resume when the pandemic is over?
Attend my place of worship
Frequent bars, clubs or restaurants
Gather with family or friends
Go to entertainment or sporting events
Join colleagues at work or business events
Participate in group athletics or exercise
Return to my school
Take my children to their school
Travel
Visit my health practitioners