Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: The TV Ad Exodus, Part 1: Beyond the 30-Second Spot

Re: The TV Ad Exodus, Part 1: Beyond the 30-Second Spot
Posted by: Paul Korzeniowski 2008-09-13 10:21:14
See Full Story

You come home one night and want to catch up on a local sporting event or your favorite show. You sit down, pick up the remote for your DVR, and start watching. As the first commercial appears, you -- like most individuals -- hit the fast-forward button. As you do so, advertising executives, TV networks and even DVR makers themselves wonder: What good are commercials if viewers like you don't watch them? The question continues to haunt TV executives as they grapple with the erosion of their traditional advertising base.

Irony
Posted by: hiikeeba 2008-09-13 10:22:41 In reply to: Paul Korzeniowski
Isn't it ironic that a link to a story about skipping ads takes us to an ad page we can skip?
Jump to:
Would you license your personal data to advertising platforms if you were paid directly for it?
Yes -- So much of my personal data is already in the hands of advertisers anyhow; I may as well be paid for it.
Possibly -- It depends how much I would be compensated and how the data I authorize to share would be used and protected.
No -- I would not sell my personal data at any price.