Get the ECT News Network Weekly Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Ideoclick Amazon Compliance Guide
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Is Social Networking With Shareholders Safe?

Re: Is Social Networking With Shareholders Safe?
Posted by: Brendan J. Radigan 2008-09-08 16:48:10
See Full Story

Interactive "social networking" is a growing phenomenon, as the success of MySpace, Facebook, YouTube and similar Internet sites suggests. Such social networking sites allow geographically dispersed individuals who share common interests to locate and interact with breathtaking speed and ease. Earlier this year, the Securities and Exchange Commission, recognizing the power of this new mode of communication, issued final rules intended to promote social networking by and among publicly traded companies and their shareholders.

Step in the right direction
Posted by: Alfonso Tupaz 2008-09-08 21:08:20 In reply to: Brendan J. Radigan
Any improvements to shareholder communications and greater use of modern technology is always a step in the right direction. Even if corporations hesitate to adopt Web 2.0 or fail to participate on online forums and discussion boards, it is still useful for shareholders to get together and communicate with each other. Greater transparency and communications on all levels improves corporate governance.
Jump to:
When considering the credibility of an article I read online, I am most influenced by...
The organization or operator of the website that published the article
The journalist(s) who wrote the article
The sources quoted in the article
The quality or style of the writing
The individual(s) who brought the article to my attention
Whether the article has myriad shares or social media activity
My own knowledge or intuition