A Brand's Guide to Digital Shelf Analytics | Download the eBook Today!
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Ideoclick Amazon Compliance Guide
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Google Aims to Make It Big in China With Music Giveaway

Re: Google Aims to Make It Big in China With Music Giveaway
Posted by: Jeff Meisner 2008-08-07 23:21:14
See Full Story

Search engine giant Google has launched a new music search service in China that enables users to legally download online music. Music OneBox, which is backed by some of the major global music labels, as well as Chinese basketball star Yao Ming, is available at Chinese music site Top100.cn. Google launched it with the intent of giving users an easy and legal way to obtain music -- and to give music labels and publishers a new channel for distributing, promoting and monetizing their content.

Screenshots from Beijing
Posted by: haelb 2008-08-08 09:42:31 In reply to: Jeff Meisner
A blogger in Beijing and www.mediascrums.com just reviewed the service. A bit of a different take that might be interesting to folks..
Jump to:
Would you license your personal data to advertising platforms if you were paid directly for it?
Yes -- So much of my personal data is already in the hands of advertisers anyhow; I may as well be paid for it.
Possibly -- It depends how much I would be compensated and how the data I authorize to share would be used and protected.
No -- I would not sell my personal data at any price.