A Brand's Guide to Digital Shelf Analytics | Download the eBook Today!
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: The Online Social 'Shop Till You Drop' Party

Re: The Online Social 'Shop Till You Drop' Party
Posted by: Vivian Wagner 2008-08-06 09:25:36
See Full Story

It's no fun shopping alone. That's the theory behind social shopping, a trend that combines social networking with e-commerce. It's a trend that's coming into its own as increasing numbers of online shoppers turn to the sites for fun, companionship, and camaraderie with other shoppers. "Shopping is a very social, interactive experience," Manish Chandra, the CEO and cofounder of social shopping site Kaboodle, told the E-Commerce Times. "Shopping is not just a transactional experience."

Social Shopping
Posted by: Shopquack 2008-08-06 17:19:02 In reply to: Vivian Wagner
I know all the companies in the article are doing great things ... but I fail to see what their doing as being social shopping .... to me social shopping is "sharing the act of shopping" ... to the best of my knowledge non offer such an experience ... What they offer, and its a great service, is a social network infrastructure whose content happens to be on products and brands that people buy (though I am sure one can post anything) ...

iStorez combines social and bargain shopping!
Posted by: shopgurl 2008-08-06 10:31:18 In reply to: Vivian Wagner
At iStorez, you can shop socially while also finding the best deals from your favorite stores and brands! It's a unique shopping destination, completely focused on up-to-the-minute store specials from the leading retailers. So rather than poring through email newsletters or sifting through the hordes of online shopping sites, iStorez (using proprietary technology) aggregates all the latest specials from the major brands and retailers and presents them to you in a single location in a very visual, personalized way. Plus, you can create your own personalized mall and share it with all your buddies, or better yet--add it to your Facebook or MySpace page (check out my mall at http://www.istorez.com/m/stores/shopgurl/). That way, you’re sure to get the gifts you really want while saving your friends lots of dough.

iStorez will launch publicly for the first time with exciting new features and a new look in the fall. Until then, the beta site is offering a lot for you to discover today at http://www.istorez.com/.
Jump to:
Would you license your personal data to advertising platforms if you were paid directly for it?
Yes -- So much of my personal data is already in the hands of advertisers anyhow; I may as well be paid for it.
Possibly -- It depends how much I would be compensated and how the data I authorize to share would be used and protected.
No -- I would not sell my personal data at any price.