A Brand's Guide to Digital Shelf Analytics | Download the eBook Today!
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: FCC to Hammer Comcast on Throttling Shenanigans

Re: FCC to Hammer Comcast on Throttling Shenanigans
Posted by: Renay San Miguel 2008-07-30 04:43:12
See Full Story

Reports continue to circulate that the FCC has enough votes to rule that Comcast illegally blocked traffic between peer-to-peer Internet applications and that the government will soon set down guidelines for the Internet service provider that could serve as a precedent regarding the hotly debated topic of Net neutrality. The FCC could issue a ruling later this week, following reports in national media that Democratic commissioners Jonathan Adelstein and Michael Copps have joined Chairman Kevin Martin in deciding that Comcast should face some kind of action or sanction.

Comcast needs to be sanctioned.
Posted by: weingarten 2008-07-30 04:54:09 In reply to: Renay San Miguel
I have a small business and e-mail a 17 meg catalog to people when requested. This can range from once a month to maybe 10 times, Nothing excessive. Until recently I had no problems, Last week I tried several times to send the catalog and nothing. I called Comcast customer service and found out that they block any transmission over 8 meg and had never notified me. Then for a few days I could not even transmit a 5 meg file. Their actions of a monopoly in my area should be questioned, they should be sanctioned. In fact we should open up the cable to allow any company to transmit over the line just as we allow telephone competition.

That's wrong way to distribute that kind of stuff . . .
Posted by: farmerbob 2008-08-08 13:39:25 In reply to: weingarten
I move file in the 100's of MB and since eMail services have long since been lowering or limiting attachments, even going as far as proposing a ban on attachments all together.

I put the files on my server, that you probably have unless you are using a free eMail account which would explain the limitations, and then send links in the eMails that when clicked on download the files to them with no hassle other than their personal Internet connection speed.
Jump to:
When considering the credibility of an article I read online, I am most influenced by...
The organization or operator of the website that published the article
The journalist(s) who wrote the article
The sources quoted in the article
The quality or style of the writing
The individual(s) who brought the article to my attention
Whether the article has myriad shares or social media activity
My own knowledge or intuition