A Brand's Guide to Digital Shelf Analytics | Download the eBook Today!
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: New Online Market Wigix: More Like Nasdaq Than Sotheby's

Re: New Online Market Wigix: More Like Nasdaq Than Sotheby's
Posted by: Jack M. Germain 2008-07-29 05:34:03
See Full Story

The idea was simple: Build a large catalog of consumer items and make it accessible in a structured format, unlike what already exists in wide-open search engines like Google. Give users tools similar to what they get on financial Web sites. Give a unique online business experience to both the buyers of the goods and the sellers. The result is an innovative online marketplace: Wigix. It's designed to help people on both sides of the buy/sell deal find the right price. Wigix operates somewhat like a stock market.

Odd transaction fee structure
Posted by: SteveFrunkis 2008-07-29 05:40:13 In reply to: Jack M. Germain
"For sales from $100 to $999, sellers pay Wigix a 2 percent share. For items that sell over $1,000 the seller owes one percent of the selling price.
"

That means that the fee on a $999 item would be $19.98, but the fee on either a $500 or a $1000 item would be $10.00. This barely makes sense.
Jump to:
When considering the credibility of an article I read online, I am most influenced by...
The organization or operator of the website that published the article
The journalist(s) who wrote the article
The sources quoted in the article
The quality or style of the writing
The individual(s) who brought the article to my attention
Whether the article has myriad shares or social media activity
My own knowledge or intuition