Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Sony Turns the Page on E-Book Business Model

Re: Sony Turns the Page on E-Book Business Model
Posted by: Walaika Haskins 2008-07-25 21:58:13
See Full Story

Sony announced Thursday that the new iteration of its Reader digital book will be able to read electronic books published in the .epub file format, a file type gaining acceptance among major trade book publishers, many of whom have committed to begin publishing forthcoming e-books in the format. Beginning in August, the new PRS-505 Reader model will support .epub files as well as Adobe eBooks with digital rights management technology and have the capability to reflow standard text-based Portable Document Format e-books, the company said.

Public Library ebooks
Posted by: loralyn 2008-07-26 04:20:55 In reply to: Walaika Haskins
This is great news. Long overdue. But can it really be true that the Sony Reader will accept encrypted ebooks from a public library? Palm devices have done so for a long time, but none of their devices are very good for ebook reading.
It seems there is always a catch-22 no matter what the claim. Who knew that the printed word would be the last media form to become widely available. Let it be true!
Jump to:
When considering the credibility of an article I read online, I am most influenced by...
The organization or operator of the website that published the article
The journalist(s) who wrote the article
The sources quoted in the article
The quality or style of the writing
The individual(s) who brought the article to my attention
Whether the article has myriad shares or social media activity
My own knowledge or intuition