Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Virgin Mobile IPO Gets Lukewarm Applause

Re: Virgin Mobile IPO Gets Lukewarm Applause
Posted by: Keith Regan 2008-07-20 12:52:52
See Full Story

Virgin Mobile USA staged its long-anticipated initial public offering Thursday, raising more than $400 million in the process, but investors gave the shares a fairly modest boost out of the gate. Shares of the virtual network operator, which focuses on selling
pay-as-you-go mobile services to a largely young audience, priced late Wednesday at $15, the bottom end of the previously announced price range of $15 to $17. When they began trading mid-morning Thursday under the symbol "VM," the shares bumped up about 6 percent to $15.83.

blyk
Posted by: thewizardofod 2008-07-20 12:59:32 In reply to: Keith Regan
It seems that Blyk is taking off well in the UK. To begin with you either had to meet a rep at a Uni or in the street or have an invite to sign up but now that they have brought out a sister site that needs no blyk invite code to sign up their signups have increased hugely. Sister site is www.blyksim.com.
Both my kids have them and love them
Jump to:
When considering the credibility of an article I read online, I am most influenced by...
The organization or operator of the website that published the article
The journalist(s) who wrote the article
The sources quoted in the article
The quality or style of the writing
The individual(s) who brought the article to my attention
Whether the article has myriad shares or social media activity
My own knowledge or intuition