Get the ECT News Network Weekly Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Online Peer Lending: Blazing an Easier Path to Cash

Re: Online Peer Lending: Blazing an Easier Path to Cash
Posted by: Richard Burnett 2008-07-20 05:06:57
See Full Story

Some people are finding it tougher than ever to get a bank loan amid the nation's credit crisis, but many are getting a warmer welcome at the "teller window" on the Web. People are flocking to social network sites such as Prosper.com and Zopa.com, which connect lenders and borrowers at the grassroots level, using an eBay-style auction of loans and interest rates. Sites and players have multiplied in the nascent industry -- known as peer-to-peer online lending -- which is barely 2 years old.

Family and Friends
Posted by: stevenrabago 2008-08-07 10:33:08 In reply to: Richard Burnett
ZimpleMoney will be launching its site as well, offering a social finance community lending plaform with as well as several innovative products and services. You can read a bit at www.zimple.us (a temporary site)

Another one coming soon and Ondeck Capital and Peer lending?
Posted by: peerlending 2008-07-21 05:26:14 In reply to: Richard Burnett
Another company about to enter the peer lending space is Loanio.com...Ok, checked out your article and went to Ondeck Capital, but kind of stumped on how this company got linked with peer lending companies. From what I can tell, it is basically a lending company advancing loans against business' receivables? Where is the peer lending connection? Maybe I missed something?>
Jump to:
Would you license your personal data to advertising platforms if you were paid directly for it?
Yes -- So much of my personal data is already in the hands of advertisers anyhow; I may as well be paid for it.
Possibly -- It depends how much I would be compensated and how the data I authorize to share would be used and protected.
No -- I would not sell my personal data at any price.