Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Web Security and the SaaS Factor

Re: Web Security and the SaaS Factor
Posted by: Erika Morphy 2008-06-18 13:01:17
See Full Story

The online security space has been no different than any number of other software categories in its adoption of Software as a Service. However, until recently most of the offerings in this space have been targeted to e-mail protection. That is beginning to change as more and more vendors begin to roll out Web security applications in the SaaS model. "Today, about 1 percent of the secure Web gateway market is SaaS," Peter Firstbrook, a Gartner analyst, told CRM Buyer. "But we predict it will be 25 percent in three years."

SaaS Challenges
Posted by: lhoover 2008-06-18 13:13:51 In reply to: Erika Morphy
I agree that the future, or at least a significant portion of the future, of security revolves around SaaS. I think this is the direct result of SaaS' deperate need for secure data to commercialize. SaaS providers have several other challenges beyond security that will help them commercialize their idea or product; I am curious what other challenges you see facing SaaS providers. Furthermore, do you know of any resources that can help SaaS providers overcome those challenges. One resource I have identified is eVapt (www.evapt.com); they provide metering, billing mediation, and other services useful to SaaS providers. I would love to hear about more resources if you know.
Jump to:
Which type of online advertising is most likely to attract your favorable attention?
Straightforward display ads
Ads based on my interests
Informational articles on products/services
Video ads
Ads designed to grab my attention, e.g. pop-ups, autoplay
None -- I avoid all online ads