Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Is Social Marketing Your Online Store's Top Friend?

Re: Is Social Marketing Your Online Store's Top Friend?
Posted by: Clay Olivier 2008-06-13 19:51:59
See Full Story

Today's savvy consumers want products from a business they can trust, learn from, relate to and "be friends" with. The two most popular social networking sites on the Internet -- MySpace and Facebook -- are potential springboards for friendly lead generation. These sites give online business owners the ability to place their products and services in front of thousands of potential customers in a more personal and easily accessible environment.

Getting social
Posted by: IM-Vocal 2008-06-13 22:28:27 In reply to: Clay Olivier
You're right that today's "savvy customers want products froma business they can..be friends with" but hasn't that always been true? Just as sex wasn't invented when our generation discovered it, neither were personal connections with customers invented with the advent of Web marketing. And if you want to be connected, it's useful to remember that human beings have connected a lot longer through conversation than Facebook. So in addition to exploring the new possibilities offered by social media, make sure customers can easily connect from the website -- click-to-chat, email, call.

I.M. Vocal @ www.ifbyphone.com
Jump to:
Which type of online advertising is most likely to attract your favorable attention?
Straightforward display ads
Ads based on my interests
Informational articles on products/services
Video ads
Ads designed to grab my attention, e.g. pop-ups, autoplay
None -- I avoid all online ads