Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Application Modernization: Returning to Alignment

Re: Application Modernization: Returning to Alignment
Posted by: Charles Dickerson 2008-05-30 12:58:28
See Full Story

North American manufacturers have faced years of intense, globalized competition. This onslaught compelled them to modernize their manufacturing processes to compete effectively. The result has been that many plants have become models of efficiency and agility. This modernization allowed manufacturers to more quickly adjust production to address shifts in demand and business goals. This drive toward modernization was built on information. The cost, risk and value of aging machinery were evaluated to determine whether it should be retained or replaced with more modern equipment.

Excellent Piece Again
Posted by: atandon 2008-05-30 13:09:52 In reply to: Charles Dickerson
I think I saw a writing from you on other website (ZDNet I think) as well on the same subject. This one is better than the other one.

I have also put together some thoughts on the subject. Please feel free to comment.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Application-Rationalization--Modernization-Strategies-for-Investment-Bank-IT-Division

Anusheel
Jump to:
Which type of online advertising is most likely to attract your favorable attention?
Straightforward display ads
Ads based on my interests
Informational articles on products/services
Video ads
Ads designed to grab my attention, e.g. pop-ups, autoplay
None -- I avoid all online ads