Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Study: Cox, Comcast Play Traffic Cop Day and Night

Re: Study: Cox, Comcast Play Traffic Cop Day and Night
Posted by: Chris Maxcer 2008-05-17 05:28:16
See Full Story

Cox Communications is actively blocking BitTorrent file-sharing users from enjoying unfettered Internet services, according to a new study based on more than 8,000 Internet users. Like Comcast, which was the first major cable Internet service provider to be outed for throttling peer-to-peer data, Cox says it interferes with the traffic to ensure quality service for all of its customers. Comcast's Internet service tampering garnered the attention of federal regulators.

More than BitTorrent
Posted by: Meaterman 2008-05-17 05:50:04 In reply to: Chris Maxcer
There's no question Cox interferes with any and all large downloads including usenet, as any Cox subscriber can testify. It begs the question, why spend extra on high-speed internet if all you can do is visit Web sites? I look forward to getting some decent alternatives to the local cable monopoly (though I doubt Verizon is up to it).
Jump to:
Which type of online advertising is most likely to attract your favorable attention?
Straightforward display ads
Ads based on my interests
Informational articles on products/services
Video ads
Ads designed to grab my attention, e.g. pop-ups, autoplay
None -- I avoid all online ads