Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Verizon Sues Time Warner for Bad-Mouthing FiOS TV

Re: Verizon Sues Time Warner for Bad-Mouthing FiOS TV
Posted by: Keith Regan 2008-04-29 19:53:41
See Full Story

Verizon has filed a lawsuit against Time Warner Cable, claiming that company's advertising gives a false impression about the telecom firm's new fiber optic-based TV service. Verizon filed the suit Wednesday in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York. In it, the company claims Time Warner Cable's TV ads falsely suggest that consumers need to have a satellite dish in order to receive Verizon's FiOS TV service, which the carrier is rolling out nationwide, and that Verizon cannot offer a full bundle of phone, broadband and TV services.

verizon is false
Posted by: a-l-e-x 2008-04-29 19:55:53 In reply to: Keith Regan
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. It's Verizon who should be sued for their incessant fios commercials. As a matter of fact, Ive called cablevision asking them to pull all fios commercials off the air. This is the same big bad pots company that wanted to have voip rates increased and one of the companies being sued for wiretapping us. Their fios commercials are misleading because in no way, shape or form is fios internet better than cable. I get 30mbps cable and verizon cant match that. Even if they could, I have serious ethical and privacy issues with them. Anyone interested in democracy should NEVER choose Verizon.
Jump to:
Which type of online advertising is most likely to attract your favorable attention?
Straightforward display ads
Ads based on my interests
Informational articles on products/services
Video ads
Ads designed to grab my attention, e.g. pop-ups, autoplay
None -- I avoid all online ads