Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Online Pioneer Marks Silver Anniversary of E-Commerce

Re: Online Pioneer Marks Silver Anniversary of E-Commerce
Posted by: Jim Offner 2008-03-06 05:58:50
See Full Story

It may not have been noticed in the whirlwind of online transactions on Web sites like eBay or Amazon, but e-commerce turned 25 on Tuesday. On March 4, 1983, the husband-wife team of Alex Randall and Cameron Hall quietly launched a business revolution that was then the stuff of dreams, when their year-old company, Boston Computer Exchange, sold a computer "on line" to a buyer in South America. Randall and Hall had started their company as a clearinghouse for buying and selling computers like the Apple 2, Tandy, IBM PC and Sinclair.

Re: Online Pioneer Marks Silver Anniversary of E-Commerce
Posted by: tec8 2008-03-06 06:08:01 In reply to: Jim Offner
Would Google be considered as e-Commerce?
Jump to:
Given the spread of the Covid-19 Delta variant, if my employer requires me to return to the company's location in 2021, I will...
Agree because I'm fully vaccinated.
Agree if the company institutes a mandatory mask requirement and other safety protocols.
Comply reluctantly, because I can't afford to lose my job, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job I feel is safer.
Resign because I'm not vaccinated and don't want to risk infection to myself or others.