Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: eBay's Kijiji Makes Stealthy Move Into Craigslist Turf

Re: eBay's Kijiji Makes Stealthy Move Into Craigslist Turf
Posted by: Fred J. Aun 2008-01-22 19:21:50
See Full Story

With nary a press release or even an announcement on its Web site, eBay has started offering its Kijiji free online classified ad service to people in the United States. The rollout of Kijiji in the U.S. puts it in direct competition with free online classified ad pioneer -- and leader -- Craigslist. The fact that eBay owns a 25 percent interest in the venerable Craigslist has observers wondering about eBay's long-term plans for Kijiji. Kijiji was first launched two years ago in Canada, France, Germany, Italy, China, Japan and Taiwan.

Kijiji-not user friendly
Posted by: Rahulbajaj 2008-05-21 08:08:42 In reply to: Fred J. Aun
Though Kijiji had been launched in US but it is still not a user-friendly site. It takes lots of time n effort to find and contact a desired buyer or seller...for this reason i prefer to use sites like clickindia or sysindia as they provide a excellent service..These sites also carry huge variety of classified portal.

problems in Kijiji.com
Posted by: Rahulbajaj 2008-05-21 00:42:55 In reply to: Fred J. Aun
Kijiji.in had a very huge classified portals and it had a high traffic but sometime it became very difficult to contact to a person who want to sell or buy. Thats why i prefer using sites like clickindia.com or thisismyindia.com. They provide excellent service through free n instant sms to contact a buyer or seller.
Jump to:
Which type of online advertising is most likely to attract your favorable attention?
Straightforward display ads
Ads based on my interests
Informational articles on products/services
Video ads
Ads designed to grab my attention, e.g. pop-ups, autoplay
None -- I avoid all online ads