Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Murdoch Dangles MySpace in Yahoo's Face

Re: Murdoch Dangles MySpace in Yahoo's Face
Posted by: Keith Regan 2007-06-20 17:07:29
See Full Story

News Corp. honcho Rupert Murdoch has offered to swap the wildly popular social networking site MySpace in exchange for a stake in portal-in-flux Yahoo. Murdoch reportedly approached Yahoo with the offer of giving the portal ownership of MySpace in exchange for a 30 percent ownership stake of the combined Yahoo-MySpace. On the surface, the deal seems to address needs of both parties: Murdoch has been looking for ways to expand his media company's online exposure; meanwhile, Yahoo has been eager to find the right social networking play.

Re: Murdoch Dangles MySpace in Yahoo's Face
Posted by: solamigo 2007-06-20 17:55:22 In reply to: Keith Regan
Sirs,
This man Murdoch is a malevolant megalomaniac and should be stopped. He has his own agenda to dumb us all down through his media, so that the Plebs don't think.. He has become, politically, a republican (not US style) but behaves like a fascist. His motives are always suspect and he should never be taken on faith or face value. A true villain (in my humble opinion)
Sincerley... John T.
Jump to:
Which type of online advertising is most likely to attract your favorable attention?
Straightforward display ads
Ads based on my interests
Informational articles on products/services
Video ads
Ads designed to grab my attention, e.g. pop-ups, autoplay
None -- I avoid all online ads