Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: AT&T Disconnects Cingular Name

Re: AT&T Disconnects Cingular Name
Posted by: Tim Gray 2007-05-22 21:41:40
See Full Story

AT&T, the nation's largest phone company, is stepping up its rebranding campaign aimed at consolidating its wireless services into a single unified name. The company will shed the Cingular name and replace it with AT&T at 1,800 outlets throughout the country this week. The move to rename Cingular Wireless stores comes as AT&T tries to beef up its profile ahead of the highly anticipated launch of Apple's iPhone. "Our branding campaign is performing at and above projected levels, and customer response has been very positive," Randall Stephenson, AT&T's chief operating officer, said.

Re: AT&T Disconnects Cingular Name
Posted by: sameoldatt 2007-05-24 19:37:42 In reply to: Tim Gray
I personally like this other humorous Cingular rebranding effort by a neglected costumer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRG1iB8NF14
I do hope that the customer service doesn't take a dive again like after the first AT&T-Cingular merger. Personally it's not the brand but the overall service that I care about. Tim, thanks for the great article.
Jump to:
Which type of online advertising is most likely to attract your favorable attention?
Straightforward display ads
Ads based on my interests
Informational articles on products/services
Video ads
Ads designed to grab my attention, e.g. pop-ups, autoplay
None -- I avoid all online ads