Get the ECT News Network Weekly Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Ideoclick eBook
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: How to Separate On-Demand E-Commerce Providers From Pretenders

Re: How to Separate On-Demand E-Commerce Providers From Pretenders
Posted by: Jamus Driscoll 2007-05-16 03:49:05
See Full Story

Over the past couple years, the buzz in retail and e-commerce has been all about optimization -- everything from optimizing your Web site for natural search, to pricing and inventory optimization and even getting optimized motion control shoes for running. Now, the hot buzz word is "on-demand," often mixed freely with Software as a Service. However, just what does this all really mean? Why is it so important? E-commerce is at a point of inflection. The e-commerce channel continues to grow at a staggering pace and consumers continue to expect a better shopping experience from e-commerce sites.

Grid computing
Posted by: SandorN 2008-11-26 18:08:13 In reply to: Jamus Driscoll
Hi There

This article was really well written. Thanks for the information. It is really helpful. I was very interested in the concept of grid computing which you spoke about. To refernce point number three in your article, you mentioned true on-demand must include a grid architecture. My current ecommerce provider which is www.orderdynamics.com claims to have an on-demand platform but they don't mention grid computing specifically.

However during January, which is traditionally our peak season, they are able to handle our order volumes which grow from an average of 400 per day to as high as 1000 orders per day during our peak.

How can I be certain that they offer Grid computing, and are there any alternative ways in wich an On-demand Ecommerce provider could handle additional load without using a grid architecture?

Thanks again,

Sandor
Jump to: