Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Internet's Fashion District Takes Off

Re: Internet's Fashion District Takes Off
Posted by: Kimberly Hill 2007-05-15 12:23:41
See Full Story

Last year marked the first time clothing retailers attracted more online shopping dollars than computer and software e-tailers took in. Travel continues to eclipse all other forms of consumer spending online, however, accounting for $73.4 billion in revenue in 2006. Revenue for apparel, accessories and footwear bought through the Internet totaled $18.3 billion, compared to $17.2 billion for computer-related purchases, reported Shop.org, the online division of the National Retail Federation.

Re: Internet's Fashion District Takes Off
Posted by: hotsauce 2007-05-15 12:32:16 In reply to: Kimberly Hill
I would add that not only are consumers becoming more comfortable with purchasing clothes online, but they are broadly becoming more comfortable with online shopping and the barriers for consumers to start their own online store are also coming down. There are several new sites popping up that enable people to start an online store fairly easily. I read a WikiHow article the other day on this at http://www.wikihow.com/Start-an-Online-Store
Jump to:
Which type of online advertising is most likely to attract your favorable attention?
Straightforward display ads
Ads based on my interests
Informational articles on products/services
Video ads
Ads designed to grab my attention, e.g. pop-ups, autoplay
None -- I avoid all online ads