Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Digital Rights Firms Threaten Legal Tantrum Over Being Ignored

Re: Digital Rights Firms Threaten Legal Tantrum Over Being Ignored
Posted by: Katherine Noyes 2007-05-11 18:46:30
See Full Story

Apple, Microsoft, Adobe Systems and Real Networks are the targets of a Santa Cruz, Calif., maker of copyright protection technologies that has sent letters demanding that the tech heavyweights cease and desist "actively avoiding" the use of its products. Media Rights Technologies and its digital radio subsidiary BlueBeat.com assert that the four companies have produced billions of copies of Vista OS, Adobe Flash Player, Real Player, Apple iTunes and iPod products "without regard for the [Digital Millennium Copyright Act] or the rights of American intellectual property owners."

Re: Digital Rights Firms Threaten Legal Tantrum Over Being Ignored
Posted by: tjamnz 2007-05-13 11:37:34 In reply to: Katherine Noyes
Would you like some cheese with you whine?, Using similar tactics, they probably threatened to sue the publisher of this magazine if they didnt publish this boring story too. (meaning comsumers are getting tired of hearing about it)
Is it not unreasonable for just anyone to develop copy protection and say, "You must do business with us" ?
This kind of ideology will create a wave a startups suing anybody anytime they wish.
I believe the author of this article took the meaning (real intent) of the act out of context.
Jump to:
Which type of online advertising is most likely to attract your favorable attention?
Straightforward display ads
Ads based on my interests
Informational articles on products/services
Video ads
Ads designed to grab my attention, e.g. pop-ups, autoplay
None -- I avoid all online ads