Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: How to Get Strict - and Savvy - With Data Surveillance

Re: How to Get Strict - and Savvy - With Data Surveillance
Posted by: John F. Moynihan 2007-05-09 10:37:57
See Full Story

Insider threat evokes a variety of menacing images for internal auditors and others responsible for protecting organizations from malicious or irresponsible acts. With the implementation of new technologies and the expanding dependence on data collection in the public and private sectors, this vulnerability has increasingly become an information security and privacy issue. Recognizing the value of customer data, organizations have focused significant resources on securing the perimeter of their information systems.

Re: How to Get Strict - and Savvy - With Data Surveillance
Posted by: JimmyJackFunk 2007-05-09 10:43:01 In reply to: John F. Moynihan
You must, must, MUST be able to protect your data, and I would say by whatever means necessary. Using a service like Anonymous Surfing from Anonymizer.com will keep you safe, and has great anti-malware software included in its security suite, and that should take care of your privacy. People just don't seem to grasp the importance of this subject sometimes.
Jump to:
Which type of online advertising is most likely to attract your favorable attention?
Straightforward display ads
Ads based on my interests
Informational articles on products/services
Video ads
Ads designed to grab my attention, e.g. pop-ups, autoplay
None -- I avoid all online ads