Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: SC Patent Ruling Gives 'Obvious' New Meaning

Re: SC Patent Ruling Gives 'Obvious' New Meaning
Posted by: John P. Mello Jr. 2007-05-01 18:31:17
See Full Story

In what one attorney described as "the most important patent case in a generation," the U.S. Supreme Court on Monday issued a decision that's expected to make patents that combine existing technologies more difficult to obtain. The facts in the case before the court, KSI International v. Teleflex, deal with accelerator pedal technology in automobiles, but the broader issue in the case is how courts determine if an invention that combines existing technologies deserves a patent or is so obvious it doesn't merit one.

Re: SC Patent Ruling Gives 'Obvious' New Meaning
Posted by: tensor 2007-05-01 19:36:48 In reply to: John P. Mello Jr.
Goddard (re rocketry) was ignored and "pooh poohed" for over 20 years--almost the same thing re Carlson (and zerography)---pretty mich the same re Farnsworth---much the same re Whittle (jet engine or gas turbine)---Gould "slogged thru" the USPTO (re certain basic lasers)
for some 30 years--Armstrong (re FM transmission) committed suicide (re his patent battles)
is there more MONEY, and LESS aggravation, in opening up, say, ten (10) pizza joints ??
i really don't know (concerning the latter)
Jump to:
Which type of online advertising is most likely to attract your favorable attention?
Straightforward display ads
Ads based on my interests
Informational articles on products/services
Video ads
Ads designed to grab my attention, e.g. pop-ups, autoplay
None -- I avoid all online ads