Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Google's Checkout Lane Reaches UK

Re: Google's Checkout Lane Reaches UK
Posted by: Keith Regan 2007-04-22 02:48:25
See Full Story

Google extended the reach of its online payment service Friday, launching Google Checkout in the UK and setting up an expanded showdown with eBay's PayPal and other Web payment alternatives. As with its U.S. launch, Google Checkout will be supported with steep discounts and promotions for buyers and merchants alike. Merchants who sign up to accept Checkout will receive free credit and debit card processing for the rest of 2007 -- potentially a significant savings for high-volume merchants, stated Jerry Dischler, Google senior product manager.

Re: Google's Checkout Lane Reaches UK
Posted by: ukjamesscott 2007-04-22 02:50:19 In reply to: Keith Regan
If you're interested in finding out more about Google Checkout in the UK, you're invited to join a free online seminar (webinar) taking place on Monday at 2pm GMT.
The webinar, co-presented by ChannelAdvisor and Google, will cover the benefits of the payment option for online retailers, and will also include a Q&A session at the end, for you to ask Google your questions.
To register - visit http://www.channeladvisor.co.uk/webinars
Jump to:
Which type of online advertising is most likely to attract your favorable attention?
Straightforward display ads
Ads based on my interests
Informational articles on products/services
Video ads
Ads designed to grab my attention, e.g. pop-ups, autoplay
None -- I avoid all online ads